Ingredientsservings 473 cals
- Mix strawberries and 6 Tbs. of the sugar in a bowl; let stand until berries release their liquid, 30 to 60 minutes.
- When ready to assemble dessert, beat cream and orange zest to soft peaks, gradually adding remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. sugar.
- Pour 6 Tbs. of the strawberry juice that has collected in the bowl over the crumbled macaroons. Toss to coat.
- To assemble, choose six goblets that hold at least 12 ounces; in each, make two layers in the following order: scant 1/4 cup macaroons, scant 1/4 cup whipped cream, 1/4 cup strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.
- Copyright 2006 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 473 calories; 30.9 g fat; 48.4 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 115 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is an easy and delicious twist on strawberry shortcake in elegant form. The orange peel, which we used, gives a subtle burst of summery "creamsicle" alongside the berries, but could be omit...
Fantastic! A delicious, pretty, and simple way to impress guests. I will be keeping this recipe and passing it along. I made the Coconut Macaroons III recipe instead of buying...amazing macaroon...
I add a dash of balsamic vinegar to the straberries, it adds a subtle but much enhancing taste and helps to draw out the flavors.
This was a hit but two of my kids didn't like the coconut so next time I'm going to add either ginger snaps, oreo cookie or even chocolate chips. White chocolate and/or chopped nuts would work g...