Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 857 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 servings (or so))
- Sift flour. Make a well in center, and break eggs into it. Add salt, and knead until smooth.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured board until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 1/2 inch strips, and cut strips into tiny pieces 1/2 inch long.
- With the palm of hands, shape these tiny pieces into balls the size of a filbert nut.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drop balls into oil 3 at a time. Fry until lightly browned, turning them constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove balls and drain them.
- Combine honey and sugar in saucepan and boil over low flame about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add fried dough balls, 1 cup at a time, and cook in honey syrup, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove and put strufoli on flat plate to cool. Sprinkle with pine nuts and confectioners' sugar as soon as they are cool enough to handle, and mold about 5 together in a cluster. Enough for 8, or so. Strufoli will stay fresh for weeks if they are kept in a cool place.
Per Serving: 857 calories; 58.8 g fat; 81.2 g carbohydrates; 6.5 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 29 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1