Ingredients1 h servings 285
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Sift together the matzo cake meal, salt and potato starch. Stir into the batter just until blended. Gently mix in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Chill the dough briefly so it will be easy to handle.
- Divide the dough into halves and form each half into a 5 inch wide loaf that is about 1 inch thick. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool, then slice into 1 inch slices to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 14.4 38.3 4.1 67 69 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Didn't add nuts. Shaved and chopped chocolate instead of using chips. Was easy to make and was an excellent dessert. Will make it again next year.
This was better than our family recipe. I added almost a tablespoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients and was liberal with the cinnamon sugar. (I keep on hand (special, such as Ceylon or Fancy ...
I know that mandel bread is traditional on Passover, but I made this this morning for our Rosh Hoshanah celebration tomorrow. My first time making it, but I've always loved it. Followed the reci...
Excellent Passover recipe that was very easy to make and tastes as good as " real " Mandel Bread!
great recipe! I omitted the nuts as my family is not a fan, added maraschino cherries and more cinnamon sugar. Its a HUGE hit in our family!!!!