Ingredients50 m servings 692
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pecans, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and miniature chocolate chips. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool completely.
- In a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar until thick and pale using an electric mixer, at least 3 minutes. Stir into the melted chocolate and set it back over the pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan. When warm, stir in the remaining chocolate chips until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy. Pour over the truffle filling. Refrigerate for several hours to set before serving.
Per Serving: 692 calories; 57.4 48.2 6.3 158 14 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Easy, delicious and elegant. Made it for company and it disappeared. A definite keeper. Update 4/13/06 - This pie was the hit of our Passover dinner. It's a good thing that I made 2. The other d...
Made this for passover and everyone LOVED it. Used a coconut crust and followed the rest of the recipe to a tee. Garnished with rasperries and whipped cream. highly reccomend this recipe it does...
Fabulous crust! The truffle part was a bit too heavy for me. I'll try making it with cream next time.
Fantastic Passover dessert! Many desserts for Passover are extremely dry and unappetizing - this was a great surprise for my guests.
The crust is a "5", the filling is a "4" - almost too rich (and I never thought I'd meet a rich dessert I didn't like!) A tiny slice is all you need.
This was very rich and delicious. The crust gets rather hard after being in the fridge overnight, so I let mine sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before I could slice it. I also did...
Super yummy!!! Easy to make but lots bowls and pots to clean up. Everyone raved about the taste. Very rich a little goes a long way.
This pie is very very rich. I love chocolate, but it was a little too much for me. There was also a lot of clean up at the end.