- Preheat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, combine cooked sausage, onion, mozzarella, cream cheese, red pepper, basil, and optional ingredients if desired; mix well.
- Place sliced bread on baking sheet, brush tops with butter or olive oil and bake until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and top each slice with sausage mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 7-10 minutes or until topping is hot. Serve warm.
- Topping may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance; refrigerated until ready to use.
- Time Saving Tip: One package of 9.6 oz fully cooked Jimmy Dean® Hearty Sausage Crumbles may be substituted for one 16 oz. roll of fresh breakfast sausage in most dishes.
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Yummy! I love the traditional crostini, but my husband, the quintessential meataholic, loves this one as much as I do! Easy to prepare, this crostini fills the bill for my entire family! Our onl...
This was actually pretty good. I made it for Super Bowl '11. I used Bob Evans 'Hot and zesty' sausage being that our grocer was out of Jimmy Dean's sausage and my BF doesn't really care for ra...
This was really good!! I cooked the onion and pepper with the sausage!! Really brought out the flavors!
Used Jimmy Dean crumbles..skipped the fresh basil (didnt have any) but added some dried Italian seasoning instead. Want to make it again w/ the fresh basil, and with the hot sausage like another...
love it!!! easy to make, didn't change a thing. i cut about 40 pieces using bruschetta that are about 2 feet long. And still had exta topping and bread. Rave reviews from everybody.