Moravian Sugar Cookies
Ingredientsservings 201 cals
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the brown sugar, butter and shortening. Add to the flour mixture and mix well. Add molasses and vinegar. Mix well.
- Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Roll out a small amount of dough to 1/8 (or less) inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10 minutes or until light brown.
Per Serving: 201 calories; 6.7 g fat; 33.9 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This large recipe could easily be scaled down. Definitely a cookie that would appeal to those who enjoy molasses cookies, for that is what they essentially are.
These are delicious, and the dough is easy to make. However, this is the stickiest dough ever! I finally figured out that I needed to roll the dough right on the parchment paper, cut out the co...