Pheasant Breast Stuffed with Apples in a Cider Vinegar and Prune Sauce
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 980
- Place the apples into a small saucepan with the water, thyme, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the apples have softened and cooked down to a chunky applesauce, about 15 minutes. Remove the applesauce from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Prepare the pheasant breasts to be stuffed by cutting a pocket horizontally into each breast. Spoon the apple and bread crumb stuffing into each breast. Wrap each breast with two strips of bacon and place them into a baking dish with the chopped onion. Pour the chicken stock over the pheasant breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the pheasant breasts in the preheated oven until well done and the juices from the meat run clear, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the breasts from the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Pour the juices from the baking dish into a small saucepan with the cider vinegar and prunes; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the cream and continue to boil until thickened.
- Slice the breasts diagonally and fan out on the serving platter, spoon the prune sauce over the slices to serve.
Per Serving: 980 calories; 50 77.4 57.4 205 989 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
What a wonderful, delicious & flavourful recipe this is...not only I got rave reviews for it I was asked to do it again, I have done it as the recipe stands for and I have tried it with chicken ...
Truthfully I didn't like the mix of flavors in this recipe. I liked the stuffing itself, although I thought it could use more seasoning, more of a mix of the sweet and savory. I think the rec...