Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies III
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream shortening and gradually add 2/3 cup brown sugar. Blend in 1 unbeaten egg. Beat well. Stir in HALF of the flour mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice and 2 tablespoons milk. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Blend in 2 squares of melted chocolate, walnuts, and maraschino cherries. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place cut side down on hot cookies. Cool on rack and frost with Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Frosting from this site (see footnote for the link) and top each with a nut half.
- Frost these cookies with Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Frosting.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 12.5 26.1 3.1 10 113 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
In reading the first review of this recipe, I have some suggestions. I make a similar cookie: Instead of chopping the cherries, roll one whole cherry in the middle of a ball of dough. Instead ...
I used 1/3 of a marshmellow instead of 1/2. I put the cookies with the marshmellow back in the 350 oven for 2 minutes to toast the marshmellows. I also kept the chocolate warm in the double boil...