- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. On floured surface, shape dough into two logs, 14 inches long, 1-1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 3/4 inch thick diagonal slices and return to cookie sheet, standing upright.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until slightly dry. Cool completely on wire racks.
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
I love this recipe - easy and tasty! I've changed a couple of things though: - first I roast the nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes (at 350 degrees) or until they start to colour. - I use 1/...
A very easy recipe with great results.I doubled the recipe and learned don't over crowd them one the first baking since they spread out alot.
I have made this recipie 30~40 times and it is always a hit! I always find the dought really sticky so I add some more flour or powdered almonds if I have them which really makes them nutty and...
I didn't read the recipie carefully and ended up using chocolate chips and I substitubed almonds for the hazelnuts and it tastes great
Wonderful, beautiful and easy! One batch wihout silvered almonds and in its place added extra 1/8 cup chopped dark orange flavored chocolate. The other batch was per recipe...dipped and drizzled...
I also used white chocolate chips and pecans instead of hazelnuts. These were great!
Perfect! very easy recipe and the taste was excellent...the dough was very sticky to work with though, but other than that...it was wonderful and my husband loved them!
This recipe has become an annual tradition at Christmastime. I bake several batches and package them nicely to give as gifts for teachers, friends, neighbors, family. Everyone LOVES them. Whe...