Anise Cookies I
Ingredientsservings 156 cals
- Cream sugar and shortening, add eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl mix milk, baking soda, and anise oil. Add to cream mixture. Mix well. Gradually add the flour, mixing well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Refrigerate long enough to clean up mess. Leave dough in refrigerator. Take small amounts to roll out, 1/8 inch thick. Cut out in any desired shapes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool, and frost with Easy Creamy Icing.
- Frost with Easy Creamy Icing.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 6.3 g fat; 22.5 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 22 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Jennifer, my family has been baking the recipe for over 70 years (or more). It is our favorite, all time cookie!! It would not be the holiday without this cookie!
My father hadn't had anise cookies, so I surprised him with these cookies. They were a hit with him--thank you. I used the royal icing 1, to frost them but added black liquorice liquor, instead ...