- To Make Filling: Beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla until soft and smooth. Add coconut and nuts. Chill.
- To Make Dough: Beat butter until softened. Add half of flour. Then add 1 cup sugar, cocoa, egg, milk, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Work in the rest of the flour. Chill dough until firm enough to roll.
- Place dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper. With rolling pin roll dough in a rectangle 14 x 6 inches. Remove top sheet of waxed paper.
- Remove filling from refrigerator and shape into a roll 14 inches long. Place filling on top of dough. Start on one end and roll dough around filling (like rolling up a rug) . Moisten and pinch edges together. Cut roll in half. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for two days.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices (using a very sharp knife or waxed dental floss). Put on greased cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on sheet for about 1 minute and then finish cooling on racks.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 6.7 19.7 2.1 19 68 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
They do take quite a while to make, but so worth it! I made them a little different and don't refidgerate for 2 days either. I make a coconut filling, but without nuts and refidgerate. Make t...
This turned out nothing like the chocolate macaroons that I remember from childhood ... these are more like soggy centered cookies rather than the old fashioned chocolate coconut clusters. Havin...
I wish I understood the physics for having in the refrigerator for two days, but I did as instructed, although I question the necessity. The cookies didn't have a lot of chocolate flavor but it...