Poppy Seed Pinwheels
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter with mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Add flour, vanilla, salt, and egg; beat on low speed until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Shape dough into ball. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour, until firm enough to handle.
- To Make Filling: Stir remaining ingredients and 4 Tablespoons butter untl mixed. Set aside.
- On waxed paper, roll half of dough into 10 by 8 inch rectangle. Spread dough with half of the poppy seed mixture. Starting at narrow side, roll jelly-roll fashion. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour, until firm. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice one roll cross-wise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack and repeat with remaining dough.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 16.8 30 4.1 46 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had extreme doubts the whole time making these. The dough didn't come together, rolling them out was a nightmare... the poppyseed filling was packed with so many poppyseeds I wasn't sure if it...
Way too much poppy seed for me. A half cup?? Different flavor. Not for everyone, unfortunately not for me. Thanks anyway.