"Chocolate cakes with white filling."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 610 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cream together 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup shortening and eggs. Combine 1 cup milk plus 1 teaspoon vinegar. Add to mixture with vanilla, blending well. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Finally add the boiling water and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove to baking rack to cool.
- Cream margarine and shortening. Add 1 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla, continuing to beat. Slowly add pudding mix and 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Assemble cookies by spreading filling on one side of cookie and then placing another on top.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 27.2 g fat; 86.8 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 660 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made these yesterday but substituted vanilla pudding mix for Cheesecake pudding mix. Everyone LOVED them, and I had to put water in the filling bowl because I kept sticking my fingers in the ex...