Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 35 m servings 418 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 Bundt cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a Bundt or angel food cake pan.
- Pour the poppy seeds into the buttermilk in a small bowl. Set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, whip the egg whites to medium peaks; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, blending well between additions. Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into the egg mixture; fold gently to mix. Stir in the poppy seeds, milk, and vanilla extract. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites until just incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar. Pour the remaining batter over top, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar. With a knife, lightly swirl in the chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar so they are dispersed throughout the cake.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 21.6 g fat; 51.8 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 427 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2