One, Two, Three, Four Cookies
Ingredientsservings 294 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk and add alternately to the margarine mixture with flour mixture.
- Roll out dough and sprinkle with nutmeg. Cut with a biscuit cutter. Dough will be very soft and delicate.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges. A really soft, chewy cookie.
Per Serving: 294 calories; 11.2 g fat; 44.5 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 287 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The batter was soupy. I added a tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp all spice, then poured it into a prepared pan and baked it like a cake.
Fair taste, yet these cookies were a tad dry. I liked the idea of an old fashioned recipe, however this was essentially cake, made up into cookies.
This was a great old-fashioned tasting cookie! It is definitely cakey, so if you don't care for those kinds of cookies, then this is probably not for you. I added a tablespoon of vanilla and a t...