Ingredients40 m servings 1163 cals
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Split the shell of the lobster tail lengthwise and add to the skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until the shell is bright red and meat is opaque. Remove the tail from the pan. Peel off the shell and dice the meat; set aside.
- Whisk the flour into the butter; cooking and stirring over medium heat for a few minutes, then gradually whisk in the cream and sherry. Continue to stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in lobster meat and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Unroll the pie crusts onto a clean surface and cut into eight 6 inch circles. You may need to use a rolling pin to make them large enough to get four out of each crust. Press the circles into four individual sized ramekins. You could also cut 4 inch circles and press them into the cups of a muffin tin for appetizer sized servings.
- Place 3 scallops into each ramekin and top each serving with a slice of Gouda cheese. Cover with remaining pie crust dough and crimp the edges to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve topped with lobster sauce.
Per Serving: 1163 calories; 76.4 g fat; 61.3 g carbohydrates; 56.3 g protein; 259 mg cholesterol; 1494 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
A very good recipe, very rich and full of flavor. Because I didn't have Ramekins, I made them into meat pockets and poured the sauce on top. It's good to serve with a light salad, as it cuts s...
I changed the recipe a bit-I doubled the sauce but didn't include the lobster with the second batch. For the filling I used scallops & shrimp, folded into the second batch of sauce, added the ch...
Great taste, but very filling, will try without the pastry next time.
so simple, and so yummy! thanks for sharing. I served with asparagus tips on top, and a little green bean thinly sliced red pepper bundle for entree.