The 7 Best Ice Makers of 2021
Most refrigerators have the ability to make ice, but sometimes, you just need more than that fridge can deliver. Whether you require ice for summer cocktails or mocktails, or just to keep the supply of lemonade and iced tea free-flowing, a home ice maker can be a smart investment that will be appreciated all summer long — and well after that, too.
When looking into ice makers, there's several considerations that must be kept in mind. Where will you be keeping the ice maker? These machines come in options that include portable, freestanding, counter top, and below the counter. Also, where will you most likely use it? Will this be something kept in the kitchen, or by the home bar, or in the yard to be near the BBQ or patio furniture? Or do you want to keep it simple and stick to a simple old-school ice tray? You may also want to consider how big it is, how quickly it can make ice, and how much ice it can make (and hold) at a time. All these factors, in addition to price, of course, will go into finding the right ice maker for you.
Best Ice Makers at a Glance
- Best Overall: NewAir Portable Ice Maker
- Best for Speed and Efficiency: IKICH Portable Ice Maker Machine
- Best Value: AGLUCKY Ice Maker Machine
- Best Compact: Igloo Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker Machine
- Best Budget: Magic Chef 27-Lb. Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- Best Splurge: GE Profile Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- Best Ice Cube Tray: OMORC Easy Release Silicone Ice Cube Trays