The 6 Best Outdoor Coffee Makers, According to Thousands of Happy Campers
Enjoying the great outdoors is a lot easier when you're caffeinated. That's why we've scoured Amazon and sifted through thousands of reviews to find the best camp coffee makers on the market. Whether you're looking for a $110 percolator or a $10 pour-over set, we've got the perfect product for you. Here's what you need to know about purchasing the right camp coffee maker for your trip, plus the six best options available:
Types of Camping Coffee Makers
Most camp coffee makers fit into one of three categories: percolator, pour-over, or press.
- Percolator: Traditional percolators sit on a stovetop, but you can use whatever heat source you have (camp stove, camp grill, campfire, etc.). They work by pushing boiling water through coffee grounds. The beauty of a percolator is that it's entirely self-contained — there's no need to boil water separately.
- Pour-Over: To use a pour-over coffee maker, slowly pour hot or boiling water over coffee grounds in a filter. They're easy to use, easy to clean, and generally budget friendly. There's a wide range of portable pour-over coffee makers on the market, from simple to complex.
- Press: The French press method immerses ground coffee in hot water, then a filter separates the loose grounds from the freshly brewed coffee. This type of coffee maker is becoming more popular among campers for its full-flavored results.
Our favorite and — as the name suggests — belonging to the third category, the Aeropress Go Travel Coffee Press brews up to 3 cups of coffee in under a minute.
What to Consider When Buying a Camping Coffee Maker
Before you buy a coffee maker for camping, ask yourself these questions:
- How much can you carry? Does your coffee maker need to fit into an already full backpack, or will you have a car or RV handy?
- How much do you want to spend? Coffee makers on this list range in price from $10 to $110, so we've got something for every budget.
- How important is quality coffee to you? All of these outdoor coffee makers will brew a perfectly acceptable cup of joe. But — depending on size, style, and price — some make a tastier cup than others.
Best Coffee Makers at a Glance
Best Camp Coffee Makers to Buy in 2021
More Allrecipes Product Guides: