What You're Craving: Dill Pickle Soup
One perk of working at Allrecipes is daily insight into what America is cooking. And one thing America is hankering for is a hot bowl of Dill Pickle Soup.
Have you tried it? Variations abound, though most recipes call for beef or chicken broth as a base, dill pickle juice, and a variety of winter root vegetables. The intensity of your soup's saltiness and sourness correlates with which pickle juice you choose.
Five to try:
- A Polish version, with cabbage
- This creamy, potato soup-y version via Mary Younkin of Barefeet in the Kitchen
- A hearty beef and barley take from Natasha, the Ukrainian foodie behind Natasha's Kitchen
- Cafe Polonia's famous dill pickle soup from its restaurant in Boston
- A chowdery version via Kalinda of the blog Wheat-Free Meat-Free
Time to go raid the pantry for pickles...
Get tips for delicious homemade soups.
Dive into our complete collection of soup recipes.
Get more cooking tips and awesome food finds.