A Whole30(R) Diet Check List Plus 4 Recipes
The whole concept of Whole30(R) Diet is to reprogram your mindset toward food through a clean, unprocessed 30-day diet consisting of whole foods. It is similar to the Paleo Diet, with a few different perspectives. Here is a quick overview:
- Meat and seafood
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts, seeds, and oils
- Products with minimal ingredient lists (e.g. dried fruit with no added sugar, unsweetened shredded coconut, etc.)
Foods to Avoid:
- Sugar of any kind including maple syrup, honey, artificial sweeteners, etc.
- Grains (wheat, corn, rice, quinoa, sprouted grains, etc.)
- Legumes (all beans such as garbanzo, black, kidney, soy and peanuts, including peanut butter)
- Dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, etc.)
- Additives including carrageenan, MSG, or sulfites
Another major aspect of the diet is to avoid trying to recreate your favorite foods (e.g. baked goods, pizza, chips, etc.) with Whole30(R)-approved foods. The reason: This diet is supposed to reset your relationship with food and see it as nourishment in the form it comes in. So no banana pancakes made from eggs and bananas like you find on other clean-eating diets.
Need some new ideas? Here are 4 recipes to get you started:
We have over 3000 more recipes in our Whole30(R) collection.
Also check out our Paleo Collection... a lot of the paleo recipes fit into the Whole30(R) Diet!