By Vanessa Greaves

Ever wonder how Gisele Bündchen—Brazilian supermodel and all-time winner of the genetic jackpot—keeps her otherworldly good looks? (If you need convincing that she's not from this planet, check out her Instagram account.) Well—no surprise—she and husband Tom Brady (quarterback for the New England Patriots, but you knew that) are what they eat. And they eat really well.

Just in time for 2016 resolutions season, the Boston Globe interviewed Gisele and Tom's personal chef, and we now know in great detail what they eat and, importantly, don't eat. You might want to check out the ins and outs of this power couple's daily intake because it sure seems to be working for them.

The In List

Chef Allen Campbell, who shops for and prepares the meals that keep Gisele and Tom in top form, says their daily meals are about 80% vegetables and whole grains; the remaining 20% is lean protein. Organic, locally-sourced, and sustainably harvested, of course. Although he uses raw olive oil in dishes, he cooks only with coconut oil. Among the ingredients he'll use are kale, Swiss chard, beet greens, avocado, cucumber, brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans, grass-fed organic steak, chicken, the occasional duck, and wild salmon. He also uses Himalayan pink salt instead of iodized salt, and tamari instead of soy sauce to keep with the gluten-free profile of this eating plan. Other flavor boosters he mentions include garlic, lime curry, lemongrass, and ginger.

The Out List

You won't find white sugar, white flour, MSG, or canola oil in Gisele's kitchen. Also on the outs are coffee and other caffeine, dairy products, and fungus. Hit the road, mushrooms. Chef Campbell mentions that Tom doesn't eat fruit, or anything from the nightshade family because they can promote inflammation. So it's no to tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and white potatoes. (I'm guessing that means no also to seasonings in the pepper family such as chili, paprika, and cayenne.)

That still leaves plenty of healthy, delicious food to fill their bowls with. Yes, they prefer to eat their meals in bowls. Just like we normal folk.

If you eat like Gisele, will you look like Gisele? Dream on. But you'll probably look and feel your best self if you make healthier choices each time you eat and drink, don't you think?

Suggested Recipes

Roasted Yam And Kale Salad
Substitute coconut oil for olive oil and this dish is Gisele-approved.

Photo by Linda (LMT)

Lemon Rosemary Salmon
The finishing salt on this wild salmon would of course be Himalayan.

Photo by AllisonTX

BTW, what does Gisele drink? Her IG is loaded with photos of green smoothies, along the lines of this one:

Best Green Juice Recipe

Photo by KGora

Get more cooking tips and awesome food finds.