Which Stores Are Open on Christmas Day 2019? Here's the List
And find out which stores will be closed on Christmas.
We can probably all remember a time where the chaos of the season led to the family scrambling to find a store open on a holiday. For me, I'll never forget the year when a family dispute led my dad to storm out the door of my grandmother's house, pack up the car, and drive us to Walgreens for Thanksgiving dinner... Ah, memories. But it doesn't have to be that dramatic.
Maybe your Christmas dinner didn't go quite as planned, and you need backup. Or maybe you have some shopping to do for last-minute gifts. Whatever your reason for making a trip to the grocery store on Christmas, we've got you covered with the list of stores open on Christmas. Wondering which stores won't be open? We've got that list, too. Read on for details and links to retailer sites.
Disclaimer: Holiday hours may vary by location, so always call to confirm that your local store is actually open.
Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Day:
- 7-Eleven: Most locations will be open on Christmas Day, but depending on your location some may close.
- Albertsons: Most locations stay open on Christmas Day with limited hours.
- Cumberland Farms: Most locations will be open normal hours on Christmas Day. They have previously offered free coffee to customers on Christmas morning.
- CVS: Most CVS locations will have limited holiday hours on Christmas Day.
- Family Dollar: Most locations will be open on Christmas Day with reduced hours.
- Rite-Aid: Most locations will be open on Christmas Day with normal hours.
- Sheetz: Most locations will be open on Christmas Day, but depending on your location some may close.
- Safeway: Most Safeway stores will be open on Christmas day, but some might have limited hours.
- Wawa: Most locations stay open 24/7.
- Walgreens: Most Walgreens will be open Christmas day with normal hours.
- QuickChek: QuickCheck has been open on Christmas Day in the past.
Grocery Stores Closed On Christmas Day:
These major retailers are all closed on Christmas Day, so get your shopping done while you can!
- Trader Joe's
- The Home Depot
- Whole Foods
- Dollar General
- Sam's Club
- Stop & Shop
- Whole Foods
Related: Browse our entire collection of Christmas Recipes.