Shockingly Easy Chicken Pot Pie (It's Made Like A Stew. In The Slow Cooker.)
Chicken pot pie, it stands on the side of virtue and wholesome goodness.
Too bad making it is so involved, right? Well, not anymore. Agile minds have solved the "too involved" problem.
With this ingenious method, you make chicken pot pie like a simple stew...in the slow cooker. Hot, flaky biscuits play the part of the pie crust. It's 3 kinds of win.
Let's Do This Thing!
1. Add cubes of chicken to the slow cooker, with quartered new potatoes, chopped celery, and baby carrots.
Substitution Ideas: Add sliced mushrooms, cut whole carrots, and/or sweet potatoes.
2. Add condensed cream of chicken soup, chicken bouillon, and spices. Then let the slow cooker clock-in and go to work.
Watch Out For The Salt: To keep the sodium under control, use low-sodium soup and bouillon cubes (you only need one or two cubes) and substitute garlic powder for garlic salt and celery seed for celery salt.
3. Add frozen mixed veggies, and let it cook for another hour.
4. Bake some buttermilk biscuits.
5. Split the biscuits, and serve the pot pie, stew-style, over the flakey biscuits.
Substitution Idea: Instead of biscuits, spread crescent roll dough over the top of the stew, and pop it in the oven for the final 15 minutes.
Watch the recipe video for all the details, including substitution recommendations.
Find great slow cooker recipes for every meal of the day.
Get more cooking tips and awesome food finds.