Use This Simple Formula for Your Best Sheet Pan Dinners
One sheet pan plan to rule them all.
Follow one of these two recipe formulas for a family-friendly weeknight meal that serves four. One is for meat and one is for seafood, and each recipe formula has three variations. Using the examples here or what you have on hand, simply toss everything together on one 10x15-inch baking pan. Then let your oven do the work!
TIP: Be sure to follow directions for meat thickness and vegetable sizes. Cutting vegetables too big or small, or using thinner or thicker cuts of meat, could result in underdone or overcooked pieces.
Get the recipe: Easy Meaty Sheet Pan Meal
- 1½ pound boneless meat
- 1 pound prepped starchy vegetables
- 2 cups prepped nonstarchy vegetables
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup prepared sauce or relish
- Fresh herb (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange meat and vegetables in a single layer on a foil-lined 10x15-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and meat is desired doneness (145°F for medium-rare beef, 145°F for pork, 175°F for chicken), 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with sauce or relish and sprinkle with herb (if using).
Variation 1: Italian Chicken
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs + Tiny new potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces + Red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes + Basil pesto + Basil leaves
Variation 2: Southwestern Beef
1-inch-thick flat iron steak + Frozen sweet corn kernels + Red or orange bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips + Pico de gallo + Cilantro leaves
Variation 3: Barbeque Pork
Pork tenderloin, trimmed + Sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks + Fresh green beans, trimmed + Barbecue sauce + Sliced green onion
Get the recipe: Simple Seafood Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 pound prepped vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 teaspoons seasoning blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ pounds fish or seafood
- 1 citrus fruit, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cheese (optional)
- Fresh herb (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a foil-lined 10x15-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with garlic, half of seasoning blend, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast vegetables 10 minutes.
- Drizzle fish or seafood with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining half of seasoning blend, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Top with citrus slices. Add to pan. Roast until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or seafood is opaque, 8 to 16 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese (if using) and herb (if using). If desired, serve with additional citrus wedges or slices.
Variation 1: Lemon-Za'atar Salmon
Broccoli florets + Za'atar seasoning + 1-inch-thick, skin-on salmon fillets + Lemon slices + Crumbled feta
Variation 2: Lime-Fiesta Shrimp
Multicolor mini bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded + Fiesta seasoning + Large shrimp + Lime wedges + Crumbled cotija
Variation 3: Orange-Italian Halibut
Fennel, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch wedges + Italian seasoning + 1-inch-thick halibut fillets + Orange slices + Parsley leaves
More Sheet Pan Ideas
This article originally appeared in the February/March 2021 issue of Allrecipes Magazine.