These Potted Plant Drinks Are Our New Favorite Summer Sipper
Ever see cute, creative coffee drinks on your feed but have no idea how to recreate them at home? Say hello to the potted plant drink.
Inspired by @milkteamali, garden-inspired potted plant drinks are one of our favorite sipping trends of 2021. Not only are they begging to be shared to your Instagram, but they also couldn't be easier to achieve. With just a few ingredients, your standard breakfast drink can get a delightful makeover that will have you ready to get outdoors.
The key to the plant-like appearance (and irresistible flavor) is crushed up Oreos for a dirt topping. Add a sprig of mint, an edible flower, or some fresh berries to really sell your garden scene. Beyond that, your plant drink can be just as unique as you'd like. Try out flavors like matcha, creamsicle, or chocolate-hazelnut for your own delicious variations.
How to Make a Peppermint Mocha Potted Plant Drink
- ¾ cup prepared cold brew coffee
- ½ cup prepared chocolate milk
- 2-3 drops peppermint extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fill a tall drink glass with ice. Pour coffee and chocolate milk into the glass.
- In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream with a mixer or milk frother until stiff and almost doubled in size.
- Spoon the cream on top of the drink until nearly full. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top and garnish with a mint leaf.