Lights, Camera, Snacktion! Try These 3 Movie Night Charcuterie Boards
Snack boards are all the rage, and with good reason. They're one of the simplest ways to prepare a no-cook meal or a snack for the whole gang.
Plus, they're so versatile. There are boards for just about everything: breakfast boards piled high with pancakes and bacon, dessert boards filled with petit fours, tarts, and cupcakes, and even French fry boards with a handful of dipping sauces and flavored salts.
But our new favorite charcuterie board is the movie night snack board. It's like a movie theater concession stand, but better and perfectly customizable to your family's favorite treats and sweets.
These epic movie night snack boards highlight classic theater concession stand treats like popcorn, Twizzlers, and M&M's to bring the magic of the theater straight to your living room. We hope these ideas inspire you to create the most epic movie night board for you and your loved ones.
If you're making treats specifically for the little ones, we have a few suggestions to give them their favorite sweets and nutritious snacks all in one board.
- Start with popcorn. Nothing brings the magic of the movies home like a bowl of warm, buttery popcorn. We chose the classic butter flavor and a caramel flavor.
- Next, choose two fruits and one vegetable. (Even if the kids skip them for the candy, that's OK. Presenting kids with options is a great way to get them interested in fruits and veggies instead of seeing them as "required" food.)
- After that, choose their favorite cheese. We love cutting them into fun shapes for a tactile experience and stars are the perfect shape for movie night.
- Next, add a few of their favorite movie theater candies. An easy trick to giving them less sugar all at once is to have lots of variety. (I mean, we want them to watch the movie, not run around from a sugar rush, right?) Choose a few pieces of several different candies. Kids and adults alike eat with our eyes as well as our tummies, so variety in flavor can help them feel more satisfied. We love Skittles, Swedish Fish, Twizzlers, and M&Ms.
- Finally, fill in the empty spaces with their favorite carbs like cheese crackers, Goldfish Crackers, whole-wheat or butter crackers, Rice Krispies Treats, and cookies.
Whether it's just the two of you for a cozy romantic movie or if you've got a crowd of friends over, there are lots of fun ways to elevate your movie snack board.
- Start with popcorn! For movie boards, it's the star of the show. We chose to add buttered popcorn and ranch popcorn for this board.
- Next, choose a smoked meat. We love prosciutto or salami. Deli turkey or ham will do in a pinch.
- After that, choose one to three cheeses you love. It's good to have one soft cheese like a goat cheese or brie and one hard cheese like a Cheddar or Jarlsberg.
- Now that you've got your cheese, don't forget your crackers.
- Next, choose some pickled veggies like olives, pickles, or pickled okra. That little bit of salty, briny tang will balance out the sweet flavors.
- From there, choose a couple of fruits and veggies you love. Carrot sticks, broccoli florets, and cherry tomatoes are always great go-tos. A dip for your veggies can be a nice touch, too.
- Finally, add in some of your favorite classic movie theater candies for that touch of delicious nostalgia.
- Fill in any empty spaces with nuts and dried fruit. You can't go wrong with almonds and dried cranberries.
To really take your board to the next level, choose your favorite wine or sparkling cider that pairs well with the cheeses you selected to elevate this board even more.
We're all about mixing in fruits and vegetables for your movie night snack board, but there's nothing wrong with making a board solely dedicated to the movie theater candies you love! We recommend you still start with your favorite popcorn flavors for that perfect bite of sweet and salty. Then choose a large variety of candy to give a good mixture of sweet, sour, and chocolatey.
Pro tip: It's good to choose a variety of shapes with your candies to create the structure of your candy board. A Kit Kat can keep Skittles from rolling off the board. You can also use a variety of different sized vessels to hold your candy. For step-by-step directions on how to structure your board check out 6 steps to the perfect Halloween charcuterie board. Pick out your favorite flick, snuggle up with a fuzzy blanket, and enjoy your movie night snack board!