One-Pot Frittata From Cindy Anschutz Barbieri Of Cindy's Table
Frittatas are great for a weekend breakfast, perfect for your sweetheart or overnight guests. I love making these on weekends and use up those left over meats and vegetables. Give this one-pot Italian frittata a try.
Open Faced Italian Frittata
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or 2 turkey sausages
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a oven proof sauté pan over medium heat add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil then ground turkey or sausage (casings removed).
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Remove from pan and put in a medium mixing bowl.
- Keeping the heat on medium and adding a little more oil add in onion, zucchini and carrot and cook for 3 minutes. Add in garlic, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 3/4 teaspoon of pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to bowl and toss together. Add in tomatoes, basil and parsley. Set aside.
- Wipe down pan with a paper towel.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil or butter into the pan and over medium heat then add in eggs and spread around scallions. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Let cook until the bottom settles. Go around the edges of the pan with a rubber spatula and let the uncooked eggs go under the eggs. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Top with meat and vegetables over the almost-cooked eggs.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley.
Note: To serve, take a rubber spatula and go around the outer edge of the frittata. Move the spatula towards the center of the frittata, then tilt the pan and move to a wood cutting board to slice into wedges and serve! I like to drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil or fresh salsa for serving. Enjoy!