A Month of Easy 5-Ingredient Dinners: Meal Plan + Shopping Lists
Meal planning might seem like an extra step in your already busy weekly routine—one more to-do list? Really?!—but hear us out. Once you get the hang of it, meal planning will become your secret weapon in the battle to get dinner on the table without completely losing your mind. Really, it all comes down to getting organized before you go to the grocery store.
To make it easy for you, we put together a monthly meal plan that not only can help you get dinner on the table every single night, but also utilizes recipes with just five ingredients or less. All you have to do is download and print off the shopping list for each week and take it to the grocery store with you. We tell you what to do each night of the week—including side dish suggestions—letting you go into a blissful state of autopilot while still getting a healthy meal on the table every night.
How to Follow a Meal Plan
This print-and-go shopping list is broken down by the week. It's designed to make it easy for you to pick up the items you need (don't forget to check your pantry and fridge/freezer for ingredients you already have!).
For the absolute freshest meals, plan to shop once on Sunday and again on Wednesday for perishable items like meat and fish.
Tuesday: Kielbasa with Peppers and Potatoes
- Meal-prep note: Cook a double batch of Easy Roasted Broccoli and serve half tonight and the other half with Friday's dinner. You can use pre-cooked brown rice for a super-fast dinner side. Or, if you make your own brown rice, cook a double batch and serve the leftovers with tomorrow's dinner.
Thursday: Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken. Serve with leftover brown rice seasoned with salt, pepper, and cilantro. Top with sliced avocado.
- Meal-prep note: Cook a double batch of chicken tonight to have leftovers for dinner on Sunday.
Friday: Honey Mustard Pork Chops. Serve with leftover Easy Roasted Broccoli and a baked sweet potato topped with butter, salt, and pepper.
Saturday: Spicy Lime Grilled Shrimp. Serve with canned black beans, heated and seasoned with hot sauce for an extra kick.
Sunday: Simple Mexican Quinoa. Serve with the leftover Cilantro-Lime Chicken from Thursday.
Download the Week 1 Shopping List
Monday: Tomato Basil Salmon. Serve with a mixed green salad with dressing of your choice.
- Meal-prep note: Prepare a double batch of Marinated Grilled Chicken and cauliflower rice; use leftover chicken in Thursday's dinner and use the rice leftovers for Wednesday's dinner side.
Wednesday: Grilled Jalapeño Tuna Steaks. Serve with cauliflower rice leftovers from Monday.
Thursday: Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers. Serve on a hamburger bun or pita bread along with store-bought oven-baked fries for an easy side.
Friday: Pesto Zoodles. Serve with leftover Marinated Grilled Chicken from Tuesday night.
Sunday: Mediterranean Pesto Pizza. Serve with a mixed green salad wtih dressing of your choice.
Download the Week 2 Shopping List
Monday: Ultra Easy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs. Serve with a mixed green salad with dressing of your choice
- Meal-prep note: Make a double batch of quinoa to have for dinner tonight and tomorrow.
Wednesday: Soy-Honey Glazed Salmon. Serve with leftover quinoa seasoned with salt and pepper.
Thursday: Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken. Serve over a pile of egg noodles.
Saturday: Grilled Gorgonzola-Basil Burgers. Serve on a hamburger bun and with a simple baked potato topped with salt, pepper, and butter.
Sunday: Easy Tuna Casserole. Serve with a mixed green salad with dressing of your choice
Download the Week 3 Shopping List
- Meal-prep note: Make a double batch of the Fresh Corn & Zucchini Saute to have for dinner tonight and tomorrow.
Tuesday: Maple Cajun Mahi Mahi. Serve with leftover Fresh Corn & Zucchini Saute and brown rice.
- Meal-prep note: Make a double batch of brown rice to have for dinner tonight and tomorrow.
Wednesday: Grandma's Famous Salmon Cakes. Serve with leftover brown rice seasoned with salt and pepper and a mixed green salad with dressing of your choice.
Friday: Prosciutto & Asparagus Pasta. Serve with a mixed green salad with dressing of your choice.
Sunday: Mushroom Pork Chops. Serve with steamed broccoli seasoned with salt, pepper & lemon juice.
Download the Week 4 Shopping List