How to Prepare the Perfect Breakfast in Bed
Show loved ones how important they are by delivering a decadent breakfast in bed while they relax and start the day slowly.
Breakfast in bed is one of the ultimate ways to pamper someone you love. Whether for a Mother's Day breakfast in bed or just a slow weekend with those you love, serving the morning meal before your loved one has slipped out of the sheets is a wonderful way to express love and appreciation. Here, we share how to organize yourself to serve breakfast and bed and the best recipes for a breakfast in bed meal — no messes!
How to Plan Breakfast in Bed
The secret to a perfect breakfast in bed isn't exotic ingredients or complicated recipes — it's in planning ahead. Things to do first:
- Decide on a menu.
- Make a list of everything you need: ingredients, pans, tableware, and serving utensils.
- Make a list of everything you can make the day before: Veggies and meat for omelets can be chopped and bagged; batter for muffins, pancakes, crepes, or scones will do just fine overnight under plastic wrap in the fridge.
Get the Recipe: Fruity French Toast Sandwiches
Menu Ideas for Breakfast in Bed
Sweet Surprises for Breakfast in Bed
Little things that can make a big difference:
- If you're serving juice, make it fresh squeezed.
- Buy the best-quality tea and serve in a nice teapot, or grind fresh coffee beans and serve in a French press.
- Garnish the plate with fresh fruit and herbs.
- Pull out the linen napkins, unearth the cups with saucers, and find attractive containers to use as a cream pitcher, a sugar bowl, and a vase.
Get the Recipe: Raspberry Almond Coffeecake
How to Have a Lovely Breakfast Out of Bed, Too
Breakfast in bed is a pampered experience, but there are other relaxing places to serve a special breakfast as well. Lay down a nice tablecloth on the table and put a vase full of fresh flowers in the middle, or have a picnic in the back yard — bring out a basket of fresh scones, fruit, and a thermos full of coffee.
Low-Maintenance Breakfast in Bed Ideas
Making a special breakfast in bed doesn't have to be a lot of work. Cut down on prep-time and cleanup by baking muffins or scones the day before. Even easier, serve bagels or pastries from a nearby bakery and put together a simple dish of fruit.
Get the Recipe: Banana Crumb Muffins