Lunch Box Quiche
Quiche! It's What's for Lunch?
The perfect make-ahead meal, quiches can be baked three to four days in advance, then refrigerated and sliced to serve as needed.
Pack a cold slice for school lunch (keep it cold with a frozen juice carton), or if the kids are home on holiday break (and you've got your hands full) they can pop a slice in the microwave.
We chose a spinach quiche here, but there's more where that came from. Feel free to swap it with a different quiche to suit your child's tastes. Serve with a piece of fruit, and skim milk or water (and we threw in a festive dessert too).
Why Quiche for the kids? Because...
- It's a great way to use up leftover meat and/or vegetables.
- If your kids aren't keen on green, quiches are the perfect hiding spot for veggies!
- They are easy to make vegetarian.
Eggs Make the Meal
- Eggs are good for you! They're an excellent source of protein, containing about 6 grams, with only 4.5 grams of fat (and only 1.5 grams of that is saturated).
- They're cheap. You can purchase the bulk of your dish for less than four dollars!
- They're delicious. Need we say more?
Check out our collection of Quiche Recipes.