Give It a Whirl: How to Make Satisfying Low-Calorie Smoothies
Give it a Whirl
Smoothies are an easy way to get more fruits and vegetables into your day, but calories can add up fast. Follow our formula for a smoothie that's about 200 calories.
Related: Dive into our entire collection of smoothie recipes.
1 cup fresh fruit or vegetable and/or cooked frozen vegetable
+ 1 cup fruit juice
+ 1 banana cut into chunks and frozen
+ 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
+ 1 cup ice (optional)
+ 1 teaspoon honey or to taste
Blend fruit and/or vegetables, juice, banana, yogurt, ice (if using), and honey in blender until smooth, at least 3 minutes.
2. Variation: Blueberries + Grape Juice
3. Variation: Raspberries + Cran-Apple Juice
4. Variation: Carrot Slices + Granny Smith Apple Chunks + Orange Juice + ¼ Tsp. Orange Zest
5.Variation: Pineapple Chunks + Mango Chunks + Pineapple Juice
6. Variation: Baby Spinach + Frozen Grapes + Pineapple Juice
Other Smart Blends to Try
1. Peach + Yellow Delicious Apple + Yellow Bell Pepper + Pineapple Juice
2. Orange Bell Pepper + Mango + Carrot Juice
3. Celery + Cucumber + Zucchini + Avocado + Frozen Peas + Apple Juice
4. Raspberries + Blackberries + Strawberries + Red Bell Pepper + Grape Juice
This article originally appeared in Allrecipes Magazine.