Smart Cookie Shows You How to Make Healthier Carrot Cake
Get the recipe: Healthier Carrot Cake III
"We made it with a little less oil and a little less sugar, so this carrot cake recipe is now healthier but still sure to be a favorite." - MakeItHealthy
Smart Cookie's Top Tips:
- For best results, combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl, then mix them together.
- To bake this recipe into a triple-layer cake, use an ice cream scoop to portion out the batter evenly among three greased and floured cake pans.
- No one wants powdered sugar flying all over your kitchen when you mix the frosting. To prevent this, drape your mixer with a large kitchen towel.
- Instead of mixing pecans into the frosting, Smart Cookie presses them all around the outside of the frosted cake.
- To make the candied citrus curl cake toppers, use a vegetable peeler to cut thin citrus peel strips, boil them in simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water), and bake them at a low temperature. When they're still warm, curl each strip around the handle of a wooden spoon.