How to Make the Easiest Ever Bacon-Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls
It's the most important meal of the day...right?
Weekend breakfast goals: Turn ordinary refrigerated cinnamon rolls into adorable minis with the sweet-smoky-salty taste of bacon in every bite. More proof that bacon makes everything better.
This happened because I wanted to do something a little special for a recent house guest, and the idea for bacon-stuffed cinnamon rolls popped into my head. The concept has been making the rounds out there on the internet, but I wanted to scale mine down and make minis so I wouldn't have to commit to eating a big ol' cinnamon roll. After all, it is possible to have too much of a good thing. My little experiment actually turned out pretty well, so I'm going to show you how to make the easiest ever bacon-stuffed cinnamon rolls.
Makes 10 mini cinnamon rolls
- 1 package refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (I used a 17.5 oz package of Immaculate Baking Company Cinnamon Rolls, contains 5 rolls)
- 10 slices bacon
1. Put bacon on a rack in a foil-lined baking sheet and place the sheet in a cold oven.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (or follow cinnamon roll package directions). Let the bacon cook for a few minutes while the oven heats up. Take it out before the bacon crisps. You want it to be cooked a bit but still nice and bendy. Remove excess grease with a paper towel.
3. Unroll cinnamon dough into a flat sheet. Cut strips in half widthwise. Place a piece of bacon on each dough strip. Roll up the dough to enclose the bacon.
4. Place rolls in a lined or greased muffin pan.
5. Bake according to cinnamon roll package directions. I baked these for 15-18 minutes.
6. Let cool for a few minutes before topping with the icing that came with the rolls.
Each cute little roll was about a 3-biter, and the bacon inside got the big wows from my breakfast crowd. Best of all, they were very easy to make. These are definitely going to make a reappearance next weekend.
All photos and food styling by Vanessa Greaves
• You might also like more ideas for turning refrigerated cinnamon roll dough into something special.