Homemade, the Allrecipes Podcast
Next Food Network Star finalist Martie Duncan talks to celebrated cooks of all stripes to reveal the memories and traditions behind their favorite foods.
Author Pat Conroy wrote that “a recipe is a story that ends with a good meal." The Homemade podcast celebrates this notion, serving up beloved dishes and the stories behind them. Each episode will explore several eats, with a light touch of food history and trivia, a look at essential ingredients and techniques, and any notable variations on the dish. Every conversation is ripe with opportunities for discovery, a dash of controversy, laughs, and even a tug at the heartstrings. Listen to Homemade on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and everywhere podcasts are available.
The Host: Martie Duncan is an author, home cook, and Next Food Network Star finalist. The gregarious Birmingham native has no formal training, nor has she ever worked in a restaurant, but her recipes are infused with her personal brand of charm, wit, and southern traditions. Martie is able to cut to the core of what makes people tick, and use her background in law enforcement to get past surface layers and truly tap into the heart of her interviewees. Follow Martie on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
This season, Martie will chat with 12 seasoned cooks, from television personalities to a James Beard winner.
The Guest List:
- Episode 1: Guy Fieri on Grits, Gravy, and Giving Back (Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
- Episode 2: Aarti Sequeria on Tacos, Tadka, and Taking Your Time in the Kitchen (Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
- Episode 3: Chef John on Family Recipes, Fulfilling Food Wishes, and Finding YouTube Fame (Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
- Episode 4: Emmymade on Candy Creations, Eating Critters, and the Joys of Being a Curious Cook (Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
- Episode 5: Justin Warner on 90s Foods, Superhero Fare, and Embracing the Pressure Cooker (Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
- Episode 6: Pitmaster Rodney Scott on Smoking Pork, Making Banana Pudding, and Why Every Day Is Good (Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
Stay tuned for candid conversations about cooking at home, memorable meals, and more.