3 Easy and Creative Decorating Ideas for Memorable Holiday Parties
You don't have to spend a sleigh load of dough to deck the halls for loads of parties. Try these fun, affordable decorating ideas to celebrate the season with style, whether you're hosting a cozy dinner party, a cookie exchange, or a holiday brunch. Cheers!
Babes in Toyland Dinner
It's that time of year when we reconnect with our childhood; so let's totally own it. This table setting is all about whimsy and wonder, but balanced with sophisticated touches of gold. Your grown-up friends are going to love the playfulness of it all, and the kids will think you're doing it just for them. It's a win-win winter.
- A forest of Retro Bottlebrush Trees from World Market planted atop a cake stand creates a perfectly charming and easy-to-make centerpiece for your playfully chic table.
- No matter how dressed up you are on the outside, you're still a kid at heart. Just like this adorable Erika Barratt Rabbit ornament from West Elm. Wouldn't this make a great party favor? (Yes, there's a boy bunny, too.)
- Add instant glamour to any table setting with these inexpensive gold-colored charger plates
Need recipes for entertaining and dinner parties? We've got you covered.
Santa's Sweet Tooth Dessert Party
Holiday hosting doesn't get much easier than this effortless buffet of treats. And who says you have to make them all? Think cookie exchange and cake swap. You supply the mulled wine and hot coffee, and let your guests bring the rest. Warning: Check your diet at the door.
- For instant visual impact, elevate desserts on charming cake stands, like these bright red beauties from World Market.
- Graphically gorgeous Christmas tree napkins from Target will catch the crumbs with style.
- Hang colorful felt snowflake ornaments from West Elm as house decorations or give them as party favors.
Get every kind of dessert recipe you could possibly crave.
Reindeer Games Brunch
Rustic colors and textures like wood and burlap set the scene for this hearty winter brunch. Evergreen garlands and bare branches bring in the great outdoors, while Rudolph and his gang keep things merry and bright. And to make the whole thing easy to host, set out a buffet full of make-ahead breakfast casseroles, bacon for a crowd, citrus punch, mini doughnuts, and a DIY yogurt parfait bar.
- A herd of Reindeer Party Crackers from Terrain add to the fun when guests snap them apart to find hidden surprises inside.
- Throwback to Christmas past with Vintage Santa Melamine tableware from World Market. You'll love how unbreakable they are, no matter how unruly those reindeer get.
- Let the grown-ups sip their hot toddys out of Cheeky Reindeer Mugs from Pottery Barn.
Find top-rated breakfast and brunch recipes.
You Might Also Like