9 Ways To Add Fermented Foods To Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
The health benefits of fermented foods like kimchi and sauerkraut aren't much of a secret anymore. The short story is, fermented veggies contain loads of good stuff, including probiotics, which play a part in maintaining gut health. And gut health has positive health implications beyond the gut. If you're looking to slip fermented foods into meals, here are a few ways to get the job done.
9 Ways To Add Fermented Foods into Your Diet
Pro Tip: Because fermented foods contain living organisms, when you can, add them to recipes after cooking, like a garnish.
2. Slip a forkful into lunch wraps and sandwiches.
3. Add some kimchi or sauerkraut to grilled cheese sandwiches.
4. Make this tofu soup with fermented miso paste.
6. Stir a forkful of fermented veggies into sauces for salmon, tuna, or crab fish cakes. Easy and delicious.
7. Add a few forkfuls of kimchi to stir-fries and rice bowls.
8. Top off green salads with fermented veggies.
Once you start adding fermented foods to recipes, you realize there's kind of no limit.
Check out our collection of Gut Healthy Recipes.