20 Ways to Upgrade Your Chocolate Chip Cookies
Allrecipes is 20 years old, and to celebrate our birthday, we dreamed up 20 delicious riffs on a beloved classic: chocolate chip cookies. Take a look at the scrumptious results!
Want to try your hand at baking up a bucket list o'cookies? Here's all you need to know to get started on your cookie journey:
Begin at the Beginning
Choose your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough, and whip up a double batch. With more than 8,900 reviews and 4.5 stars, Best Chocolate Chip Cookies are a beloved Allrecipes classic! Try it with or without the almonds ... or try making Award-Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies ... or look here to choose from dozens of cookie recipes.
Go Nuts (or Fruits!) With Stir-Ins
Divide your dough into quarters and stir a different ingredient into each, to create 4 different cookies. Choose from our list below -- or dream up even crazier combos!
- White chocolate chips
- Toffee bars (such as Heath, chopped)
- Candy-coated chocolates (such as M&Ms)
- Coconut candy bar (such as Almond Joy, chopped)
- Trail mix
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apricots (chopped)
- Pistachios (chopped)
- Fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Orange zest
- Mini marshmallows
- Peanut butter pretzels (chopped)
- Honey-roasted peanuts (chopped)
- Bacon! (cooked and chopped)
- Potato chips (crushed)
- Caramel popcorn
- Fruity rice cereal (such as Fruity Pebbles)
- Candy canes (crushed)
- Chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos, chopped)
- Rainbow sprinkles
Become a master cookie mixologist by combining two add-ins:
- Orange zest + dried cranberries
- Peanut butter pretzels + white chocolate chips
- Toffee bars + mini marshmallows
- Honey roasted peanuts + bacon!
- White chocolate + dried cranberries
Why stop there? Our recipe testers love adding chopped crystallized ginger, granola, toasted coconut, chopped peanut butter cups, and more! And check out this article for even more kooky cookie ideas, including toppings, drizzles, and cookie sandwiches.