Chicken Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad By Cindy Anschutz Barbieri Of Cindy's Table
After you make this you will not go back to the traditional way again…I promise.
I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken and a healthy Caesar dressing to make this in one pan and it was ready in less then 30 minutes.
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken, 1 breast removed and chopped (save the rest for another recipe)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4-5 pieces of bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced*
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing
- Take your rotisserie and cut off one breast and chop up. Reserve the rest for another recipe.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat add in oil then bacon or pancetta. Cook until almost crispy ,then remove using a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
- In the same pan, with the oil and bacon fat over medium heat, add in shallots and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in Brussels sprouts and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Use a large spoon to coat the Brussels sprouts with the oil and bacon fat.
- Add in baby spinach, then season with salt and pepper while cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked bacon and chopped chicken into the pan and toss to combine. Remove from heat then pour in Caesar dressing and toss.
Note: To slice the brussels sprouts use a mandolin or slice very thin using a sharp chef's knife. You can add in more Caesar dressing but start with 2 tablespoons then add in more a little at a time. Enjoy!
Photo by Cindy Anschutz Barbieri