Aldi's Wine Advent Calendar Is Back for the Holidays
You'll probably want to be first in line when the store opens if you want one.
Aldi just announced they're bringing back their incredibly popular Wine Advent Calendar for the 2019 holidays. If this year is anything like last, you're going to want to act fast to get one (or two) the first day they're in your neighborhood store — which will be November 6.
The boozy countdown calendar was only available in Europe until last year — when it was first released in the U.S. and sold out rapidly. But never one to disappoint their loyal fans and customers, Aldi is bringing it back for another advent season.
Each calendar features 24 individual bottles of wine (187 milliliters each) and will cost $70. The wines vary and include red, white, bubbly, sweet, and dry, and hail from locations across the globe. The calendars will be in stores November 6.
Aldi is limiting customers to just two calendars, and once the stores are sold out, they won't restock. And be warned — not all Aldi stores will get these. In some states, grocery stores cannot sell alcohol, so call your store to check before you walk in to stock up.
This year, the grocery store brand is further delighting wine-loving customers with a Cheese Advent Calendar that is designed to be paired with the Wine Advent Calendar. Each cheese calendar will feature 24 snack-sized European cheeses, and it will cost $15. Here again, Aldi is limiting customers to just two of the calendars.
Wine not your thing? Never fear. Aldi has a countdown calendar for you, too.
Their Beer Advent Calendar, which features 24 (11.2-ounce) bottles will cost $50 and highlight "a variety of imported beer including six core range selections, two ALDI Finds, and seven exclusive varieties," the company said in a post. Clients will be limited to two of these, and again, they'll only be sold at grocery stores that carry alcohol regularly.
Finally, if you are more of a traditionalist, Aldi has you covered with two Choceur Advent calendars. Each is made with milk chocolate figures that are either crème-filled or solid chocolate. Prices range from $1.39 to $5.
Looking for something else? These aren't the only advent calendars you'll find at Aldi this year. Here's the entire list:
- Festive Collection Wine Advent Calendar- $69.99 (available November 6)
- Emporium Selection Advent Cheese Calendar- $14.99 (available November 6)
- Beer Advent Calendar- $49.99 (available November 6)
- Choceur Premium Advent Calendar- $4.99 (available November 6)
- Choceur Advent Calendar- $1.39 (available November 6)
- Moser Roth 24 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar- $7.99 (available November 6)
- Disney Book Advent Calendar- $9.99 (available November 6)
- Hot Wheels Advent Calendar- $16.99 (available November 6)
- Cars Advent Calendar- $16.99 (available November 6)
- Barbie Advent Calendar- $24.99 (available November 6)
- Toy Story 4 Advent Calendar- $24.99 (available November 6)
- Paw Patrol Advent Calendar- $19.99 (available November 6)
- OmegaSnax Dog Advent Calendar- $5.89 (available November 6)
- Sparkling Wine Countdown to the New Year- $24.99 (available December 4)
An earlier version stated the limit per customer for the Wine Advent Calendar was three. This has been updated.