3 Fresh Ideas for Thanksgiving Table Settings
The Thanksgiving table deserves a little extra love. Here are three ways to make it feel special — with or without fine china.
1. Farm Fresh
The modern farmhouse style extends nicely to the Thanksgiving tabletop. Simply mix mod and textured pieces in neutral tones and add fresh greenery.
Farm Fresh Table Setting Products You Can Buy Online
- Contemporary farmhouse striped dinner plates. Part of the Better Homes & Gardens mix and match stoneware collection, they're beautifully textured and dishwasher-safe. / $5 each at walmart.com
- Brinley bowls. Made in Portugal, these mod matte bowls have a calming dove gray finish. / $28 for four at worldmarket.com
- Fringed chargers. Handwoven in Uganda from dyed raffia and sweetgrass, these 12-inch chargers can anchor a centerpiece or a place setting. / $34 each at kazigoods.com
- Myles neutral dish towels. Used as napkins, these seem both down-home and generous. / $48 for four at heathertaylorhome.com
- Clare v. leather napkin rings. With neat brass closures, these supple cognac-colored leather bands from designer Clare Vivier are pure simplicity. / $48 for four at heathertaylorhome.com
2. Easy Boho
Modern farmhouse not your thing? Steal chairs from the patio, borrow grandma's salt and pepper shakers, and mix in macramé and textured woods for an on-trend Bohemian look.
Easy Boho Table Setting Products You Can Buy Online
- Orange shibori napkins. These ultrasoft napkins feature a mesmerizing miniature pattern in the style of shibori, a Japanese dyeing method. / $16 each at huddleson.com
- Rectangle acacia napkin rings. Clean geometry and richly hued acacia make for a mod-earthy blend. / $5 each at crateandbarrel.com
- Maya salad plates in amber. With its heft and natural variations, this beautiful glazed stoneware from Portugal has the look and feel of handmade terra-cotta. / $40 for four at westelm.com
- Amari acacia wood platter. Hand-carved divots create a pattern reminiscent of a chrysanthemum in bloom on this platter that doubles as a drink tray. / $50 at crateandbarrel.com
- Fleur stemless glasses. Golden bands combine with dainty florals for an eclectic vintage look. / $68 for four at williams-sonoma.com
3. True Blue
A monochromatic theme is a mix-and-matcher's dream: One color unites myriad textures and patterns. Plus, golden-brown foods and copper accents look especially inviting against blue.
True Blue Table Setting Products You Can Buy Online
- Marketplace indigo plates. These modern floral ceramic accent plates are part of a mixed-design dinnerware set from Lenox. / $276 for 12-piece set at lenox.com
- Drip glaze dinner plates. Golden rims and a reactive glaze give these plates remarkable depth. / $108 for four at williams-sonoma.com
- Global blue vases. Asian and tribal styles combine in these pretty vases. / $25 each at pier1.com: Global Floral Blue Vase, Global Blue Vase, Global Leaves Blue Vase
- Alder rose gold flatware. The matte, rosy metallic finish of these Better Homes & Gardens utensils glows warm on a cool blue table. / $25 for 20-piece set at walmart.com
- Sedona mixed blues napkins. Hand-printed napkins recall indigo-dyed African textiles. / $55 for four at chango.shop
- Hestia column glasses in navy. When stacked, they form a Greek-style column. Standing independently, they're equally impressive. / $60 for four at urbanoutfitters.com
This article originally appeared in the October/November 2019 issue of Allrecipes Magazine.