7 Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches to Stash in Your Freezer
Imagine what you can do with the money you save!
Start busy days off the easy and delicious way with pre-made breakfast sandwiches. From muffin-styles to vegetarian and gluten-free options, these freezable, top-rated breakfast sandwich recipes are simple to grab, heat up, and go. And they're sure to fill you up.
How to Make a Breakfast Sandwich
Here are a few breakfast sandwich-making tips for successful breakfast sandwich-ing:
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, and then place all sandwiches in a resealable freezer bag. This will keep each one intact and as fresh as possible.
- Label each bag with the date and ingredients/type of sandwich.
- Only pull a sandwich out of the freezer if you intend to cook it—moisture can accumulate inside the plastic wrap when sandwiches go in and out of the freezer.
- Heat your breakfast sandwiches in the oven, a toaster oven, or a microwave.
- Be sure to remove plastic wrap before cooking, and if you're using the oven and are worried about cheese dripping as you bake, wrap your sandwich in tin foil first.
- Slice the sandwich in half before eating to be sure it's warmed through.
- Let your breakfast sandwich cool for a few minutes before eating—no one likes a burned tongue!
Versatile and easy, recipe-submitter Susan says, "I like to freeze these and pop them in the microwave for a grab-and-go breakfast. They don't need to be made with sausage—they can be made vegetarian, with ham, bacon, or any type of meat you enjoy in the mornings."
Use refrigerated biscuits for convenient prep, or try recipe-reviewer Jillian's approach: "I made J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits from this site (they're awesome) and then added the eggs, bacon, and cheese. I wrapped a few in plastic wrap and a layer of foil for my husband to take to work and pop in the microwave for a quick breakfast."
This breakfast loaf can be sliced into single servings and wrapped individually for easy grab-heat-and-go breakfasts.
To make these breakfast cups, you'll spoon browned sausage into muffin tins lined with biscuit dough -- perfect for easy breakfasts. "The whole family loves to grab these in the morning!" says Colleen.
Croissants take these breakfast sandwiches up a notch. And then they're put over the top with smoked ham, Colby-Jack cheese, and eggs.
This gluten-free breakfast muffin is a super-versatile option. Recipe-reviewer deweyhaze says, "My kids are a little picky so were able to customize each muffin."
Cook eggs completely and drizzle the maple syrup inside the sandwich for a better make-ahead prep. Then reheat to enjoy what reviewer Brad Solberg says is the "perfect start to a chilly morning."
Check out our collection of Breakfast Sandwich Recipes.