28 Recipes You Can Make With That Giant Thing of Coconut Oil From Costco
Guess what? You're going to fly through that thing in no time.
1. Paleo Chili | Ready in 50 minutes | 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
For all y'all out there who claim real chili doesn't have beans: you're in luck. This smoky, flavorful chili stands up just fine without.
2. Chef John's Christmas Miracle Fudge | Ready in 50 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
This 5-star fudge is easy, tasty, and just happens to be vegan. See how to make it.
3. Healthy Popcorn Treat | Ready in 20 minutes | 3 tablespoons coconut oil
Allrecipes member halfnotes says she wanted to make a sweet popcorn that tasted great but was not loaded with sugar. It's easy to customize the ratio of sweetness to spice.
4. Quinoa Pilaf with Shredded Chicken | Ready in 45 minutes | 2 tablespoons coconut oil
This healthy and hearty meal has 33 5-star ratings and counting. Got omnivores and vegetarians around your table? Serve chickpeas as an easy alternate protein.
5. Masala Beef with Ginger and Curry Leaf | Ready in 75 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
#Protips: Cube the beef in 1/2-inch pieces to get more flavor onto the meat. To get your beef even more tender, pre-cook with ginger, onions, salt, a little turmeric, and green chiles in a pressure cooker (thanks Allrecipes member eljaustin!)
6. Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup | Ready in 50 minutes | 1/4 cup coconut oil
Coconut, curry, and pumpkin team up in this savory soup with just enough kick to ease the bite of chilly days.
7. Gluten-Free Chocolate Chickpea Cupcakes | Ready in 40 minutes | 1/4 cup coconut oil
"These are fantastic!!!" proclaims Allrecipes user Cbressler. "My kids and family loved them, including my husband. You would have no idea they were gluten free!"
8. Coconut Oil Coffee | Ready in 5 minutes | 2 tablespoons coconut oil
This mug is chock full of healthy fats for your brain. Sip before your next early morning presentation.
9. Low-Cal Roasted Sweet Potato Bites | Ready in 30 minutes | 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Easy. Good. Filling. Mix with other root vegetables for a more colorful display.
10. Lavender Lemon Bars | Ready in 2 hours | 1/4 cup coconut oil
#Protip: For ease, use lavender essential oil. If you use lavender buds, consider grinding with a mortar and pestle or food processor to avoid larger lavender pieces.
11. Coconut Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins |Ready in 35 minutes | 1/3 cup coconut oil
12. Coconut Lime Rice | Ready in 40 minutes | 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Here's what to serve with that spicy chicken curry you whipped up.
13. Coconut-Curry Lentil Stew Served Over Quinoa | Ready in 1 hour | 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Even better with a few tablespoons of fresh ginger.
14. Homemade Melt-In-Your-Mouth Dark Chocoalte (Paleo) | Ready in 75 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
Homemade chocolate free of artificial ingredients or waxes. Adjust the sweetness to your taste. See how to make it.
15. Vegan Cupcakes | Ready in 25 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
This recipe has 212 5-star ratings and counting.
16. Cookie Butter Cinnamon Chip Granola | Ready in 35 minutes | 2 tablespoons coconut oil
17. Yummy Lemon Coconut Loaf | Ready in 90 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
Make this top-pinned (4,000 pins on Pinterest!) loaf even more coconutty by subbing coconut oil for the butter.
18. Oatmeal Chia Seed Cookies | Ready in 25 minutes | 3 tablespoons coconut oil
Yummy and sans eggs and dairy. #Protip: These come out of the oven soft, so make sure to let 'em cool completely before you sneak your first one.
19. Banana and Persimmon Cinnamon Muffins | Ready in 40 minutes | 1/3 cup coconut oil
Allrecipes member Anna Silvani-Morrison says she put this recipe together to use up bananas and persimmons that were very ripe. "As soon as they began to bake, my daughter said she could smell autumn."
20. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Coconut Brownies | Ready in 50 minutes | 1/4 cup coconut oil
Be the first to photograph this recipe, which is winning raves from nursing mothers whose little ones are sensitive to wheat and/or dairy.
21. Green Smoothie | Ready in 10 minutes | 1 tablespoon coconut oil
#Protip: Wash and freeze the kale in advance so that it breaks into small pieces for easy blending (and, no surprise kale in your teeth at your morning meeting).
22. Vegan Whole Wheat Biscuits | Ready in 25 minutes | 1/4 cup coconut oil
Dairy-free biscuits that are just right beneath this awesome (also dairy-free) Vegetarian Gravy.
23. Coconut-Blueberry Baked Oatmeal | Ready in 55 minutes | 3 tablespoons coconut oil
No blueberries? Try with apples, pears, cherries and other fruit. Bake in individual ramekins for a special touch.
24. All-Natural No-Bake Cookies | Ready in 30 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
This recipe satisfies peanut butter cup cravings. Trust.
25. Butternut Squash and Cranberry Muffins | Ready in 25 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
This recipe makes pumpkin-like muffins with a pop of tartness from the cranberries.
26. Flourless Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes | Ready in 40 minutes | 1/4 cup coconut oil
Here it is, folks: a hearty flourless pancake that doesn't call for special ingredients.
27. 100 Percent Whole Wheat Bread | Ready in 3+ hours | 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Why yes: I DID make this bread from scratch. Won't that feel good to say?
28. Paleo Jelly Donut Cupcakes | Ready in 40 minutes | 1/2 cup coconut oil
Coconut oil gets an assist from coconut flour in this Paleo, gluten-free breakfast masterpiece.