Holiday Hack: 10 Places to Order Turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner
If you follow a traditional Thanksgiving menu, your grocery list for the big day probably looks pretty similar year after year. And even if you switch up your side dishes, odds are you're cooking a turkey for the main course. Our tip for this year's meal? Buy your turkey online, and do it as soon as possible. According to poultry and food market experts, you might have a hard time finding the type of turkey you want due to a short supply of fresh turkeys under 16 pounds as well as numerous food supply chain issues.
So, where can you still order a turkey that's worthy of your Thanksgiving spread? There are more options than you might expect, including online meat delivery companies and high-end home stores, like Williams Sonoma.
Whether you have a family favorite turkey recipe or prefer a bird that's prepped and ready to cook, you can get turkeys that are frozen, pre-brined, smoked, and prepared in many other ways, you just need to know where to look. Editor's tip: Make sure to have a meat thermometer, like this bestseller on Amazon, a baster, such as this highly-rated one from Norpro, and a roasting pan on hand to ensure your bird is cooked to perfection.
Best Places to Order Turkey for Thanksgiving
- Best Overall: Crowd Cow Free-Range Whole Turkey
- Best Full Thanksgiving Dinner: HelloFresh Thanksgiving Feast
- Best Turkey Roast: Rastelli's Oven-Ready Roast
- Best Cooked Turkey: Burgers' Smokehouse Whole Turkey
- Best Oven-Roasted: Harry & David Oven-Roasted Turkey
- Best Stuffed: Hebert's Specialty Meats Turducken
- Best Basted: Omaha Steaks Whole Basted Turkey
- Best Smoked: The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint Smoked Turkey
- Best Chicken Option: D'Artagnan Heritage Chicken
- Best Ham and Turkey: Harry & David's Ham and Turkey Sampler
Other online meat markets, such as Omaha Steaks, add helpful tools to the package (like a pop-up timer) to make the cooking process easy. Want a cooked turkey? This one from Burgers' Smokehouse is available on Amazon. "Hands down the BEST smoked turkey I've ever purchased," said one shopper. And HelloFresh has a complete turkey dinner box that includes a 14-pound whole turkey and all the ingredients to make traditional Thanksgiving sides and dessert.
Keep scrolling to see what kinds of turkey each company offers, how much the birds cost, and why you should add it to your virtual grocery cart NOW.